I streamlined the distribution process.
The success of the supply chain rests in our Retail Support Centers. Our high-volume distribution centers operate seven days a week with three shifts a day. We receive and select more than 118 million cases each year and ship to a total of 236 different locations. Our fleet of 220 tractors and 630 trailers travel 16 million miles per year – approximately the same distance as going around the earth 640 times.
Our distribution and transportation department is one of the most progressive in the industry – with state-of-the-art technology, Warehouse Management Systems, centralized routing, global positioning systems, RF technology and more. Many positions are unionized, with your benefits and wages negotiated through local unions. Benefits include paid holidays, comprehensive medical benefits and competitive wages – for both union and non-union Team Members.
These positions are hands-on. You won’t be sitting behind a computer all day. Success is built on your positive communication and teamwork with a diverse group of coworkers. We have three locations in Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh, Harmony and Washington) and two in Ohio (Youngstown and Bedford Heights). There are several different positions within the Retail Support Centers and Transportation where you could succeed:
- Truck Driver. Following company and Department of Transportation guidelines, you will deliver and unload products at stores. It’s a customer service-oriented position that requires your ability to work all shifts and overtime as needed, but you’ll be home every night.
- Warehouse Selector. This position is customer service-oriented. You’ll select the products that get sent to the retail store locations. Shift requirements vary, but you’ll need to be able to lift and carry up to 80 lbs.
- Distribution Supervisor. You’ll oversee work activities of distribution center personnel, and integrate the use of appropriate systems to make sure their accomplishments are as safe and efficient as possible. Shift requirements vary. A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- Support. In this non-union hourly position, you’ll support the management team through: interaction with the labor force, assisting management in the daily workflow and more. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement within our support group.
- Transportation Supervisor. Overseeing dispatching activities and supervisor functions of the department, you’ll create efficient schedules and focus on safety and customer service. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Shift requirements vary.
Learn more about our individual warehouse locations
OK Grocery Company
View Warehousing & Transportation Positions
American Seaway Foods
Butler Refrigerated Meats
HBC Service Company
The Tamarkin Company